Short Cuts? Cheating Vs Skills

Bui

Short Cuts, the little glitches that let you skip or jump ahead spots.  One of my favs is on the first map of No Mercy jumping down onto the electrical box and skipping the building.  Another good one is on Dead Center where you jump to the second story window.

My question is are those short cuts "cheats" or "map skills"?  

I will admit i use them from time to time :) and during one of my runs i was called a cheater.  wow! cheating! My first thought was no a cheater is someone who hacks or something like that but then i gave it some more thought.  There might be something to this argument. I don't think the game designers wanted to put that stuff in there.  So in a way it is like taking advantage of a glitch.  On the other hand for most of the short cuts it does take a level of skill and if done wrong you die.

I wanted to know your guys thoughts on this, cheating, skills, or whatever

-see you server side-

Bui

"Are you buipolar? I am bui-winning"

Most of what you are referring to are commonly called exploits. And while not technically cheating, most of us, particularly in our intra squad games, do not use them out of a sense of good sportsmanship.

Almost all of the exploits/shortcuts/etc. were or are banned in the competitive ladders.

Most of the BwA guys I know like to win, but also like a good game.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Most of the BwA guys I know like to win, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Most of what you are referring to are commonly called exploits. And while not technically cheating, most of us, particularly in our intra squad games, do not use them out of a sense of good sportsmanship.

Almost all of the exploits/shortcuts/etc. were or are banned in the competitive ladders.

Most of the BwA guys I know like to win, but also like a good game.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Most of the BwA guys I know like to win, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

:D :D

:D :D

I try to avoid real exploits such as being able to stand on an invisible ledge under the crane in L4D1.  But the one you mention I don't regard as an exploit.  That uses a legal path that the devs could easily have fixed had they wanted to, and I feel that things like this are meant to be discovered by the player. 

...but if I did that I wouldn't have as many beasties to shoot...

Since I really get the feeling of success in the game mostly from how many times I get to shoot Melonhead, Fester and/or Utter, these would remove the number of chances of that also...

...but if I did that I wouldn't have as many beasties to shoot...

Since I really get the feeling of success in the game mostly from how many times I get to shoot Melonhead, Fester and/or Utter, these would remove the number of chances of that also...

qft

Archived