Sign in to follow this  
Carmen

Was I banned?

Hi,

I've been playing on the BWA Homefront server occasionally. It's been great, but the other night I was playing with friends and suddenly was disconnected with the message "Kicked for Idling." This message subsequently popped up every time I tried to rejoin. I wasn't AFK at the time, and I'm curious to know if I was banned. I can connect to other servers without issue, so I believe that is the case.

I saw the ban appeal forum, but before I go there I want to know if I am correct. I believe Farva was the admin on the server at the time. I'm not sure there is anyway I could actually prove to you that I do not use hacks but I would like to try. My Steam account is one of the original accounts ever created, which is why my Steam ID is so low. I have over 40 purchased games on this account, so hacking and losing access to them would be a phenomenally stupid idea (aside from the fact that it's also against my personal integrity). If I was indeed banned, I'm hoping there is some way we can resolve this.

Thank you for your time.

it is unlikely you were banned.  unfortunately teh 'message' is not able to be customized so you were not necessarily kicked because you were idle.  we have lots of bwa members we have to kick to make room so that is one possibility.  we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and hope that you continue to play in our server.  please let me know if you have additional questions.

Thanks for the quick reply. I did try joining again periodically through the night when I saw spots open up and was always kicked very quickly (the instant the kit selection screen popped up). I'll give it a shot again tonight and see if I can get in.

what name were you playing under?  if you are being repeatedly kicked, it is possible someone thought you were hacking.  ill be happy to follow up and get back to you if you can provide your ingame name.

My in-game name is Carmen. I keep it simple :)

i dont see any complaints about you in our internal discussions.  we are currently paying for the box hosting but plan to move that to our private box in the coming weeks.  if you continue to have a problem, add me on steam and I'll be happy to figure out with you what the reason is when its happenning to you.  my steam name is -=BwA=- Cid.  let me know if you cant find me.