Sign in to follow this  
FARVA

Consolidated Homefront Videos

Less than a week away!! So, I consolidated all of the propoganda I've been spreading into one post.  ;)

Expo Walkthrough with Kaos dev:

Part 1:

Part 2:

X-Play Preview:

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/51126/Homefront-Multiplayer-Preview/

Interview with Kaos Dev:

Commercial:

Homefront - Live Action TV Commercial

Multiplayer Gameplay:

Multiplayer Gameplay 1 of 5 - Battlepoints Walkthrough

Fresh.

Multiplayer Gameplay 2 of 5 - Ground Control Walkthrough

Keep in mind these walkthroughs are with roughly 7 v 5 teams not 16 v 16 like a full server would be.

couple things....

first, this looks very well done (to be the console version).

second, battle points (if im understanding are to be used intra-game to buy things so its not just perks from kill streaks but you can also buy things by accumulating BPs) are very interesting.  looks like it will diversify the gameplay a great deal over traditional mfps.

third (and most important for me), that map on #2 is sweet.  i struggle (ESPECIALLY with ABC control points) in other games like COD or BF where the maps are all 'flat' (if not totally flat then basically flat).  vertical planes in my opinion add a tremendous amount of realism and reduce the 'run and gun' feeling making them feel more like paintball instead of like a 'video game'.  if many of hte maps are like this, its certainly going to influence my purchase.

fourth, the way this is done really looks like you may get some of that 'planning' type of strat play that is ALWAYS missing from normal mfps.  meaning that in most HQ and such, ppl just rush headlong into the obj respawn rinse repeat.  this means that holding an obj isnt really possible and planning to attack isnt really necessary.  it looks like with the openness of maps and the verticality, you can actually coordinate attack and defend actions.  this would be very big in terms of my appetite to play.

thanks for sharing all the vids farva, ive enjoyed them all...

second, battle points (if im understanding are to be used intra-game to buy things so its not just perks from kill streaks but you can also buy things by accumulating BPs) are very interesting.  looks like it will diversify the gameplay a great deal over traditional mfps.

That's correct, there are no "kill streak" rewards in Homefront. The Battle Points system is an in game currency system (it does not carry over from one match to the next) where you are able to buy items such as launchers, flak jackets, vehicles, drones, etc while in a match. You have 2 customizable Battle Points slots per class then you can buy and spawn in vehicles when you are...spawning. This in game BP system really reminds me a lot of the buymod for L4D honestly. The only thing comparable to a COD "Kill Streak" is that when Battle Commander is turned on and you are on a kill streak you will get "buffs" like extra health, vehicle armor, etc but those will be countered by the enemy teams Battle Commander assigning people to hunt you down and giving them recon on your whereabouts.

fourth, the way this is done really looks like you may get some of that 'planning' type of strat play that is ALWAYS missing from normal mfps.  meaning that in most HQ and such, ppl just rush headlong into the obj respawn rinse repeat.  this means that holding an obj isnt really possible and planning to attack isnt really necessary.  it looks like with the openness of maps and the verticality, you can actually coordinate attack and defend actions.  this would be very big in terms of my appetite to play.

Yes, the play style of this Ground Control map reminds me a lot of BF2/BF2142 Conquest as does the map design itself. Also, there is(can be) a good amount of team work in this game. For example, your squad is trying to cap a point and you are too far away to get to them but they are taking heavy fire... You can spawn up a recon drone (assuming you have it as one of your BP slots and haveenough BP) and get to that point quickly to run recon for your team. I know that I personally would love a squad mate to be spotting for me when trying to cap a point. After the cap you can actually setup defensive positions if you know that they are comming to a certain point. OR you can spawn up an Apache (if you have the BP) and rain down hell.  ;)

Glad you like them.   ;D

Classes:

See everyone tomorrow!

Tomorrow?   I just noticed this on steam =  Available: March 14th, 2011

This game will unlock in approximately 14 hours

That will give me a hour of play before tomorrow. LOL

Hmm...still says release date April 15th in approximatly 12 hours (it's 12, noon EST right now) which would put it at a midnight release.

I bet it will be like other "midnight" releases on Steam where it just counts down and then....you still can download.  >:( I guess we'll see.

Hmm...still says release date April 15th in approximatly 12 hours (it's 12, noon EST right now) which would put it at a midnight release.

I bet it will be like other "midnight" releases on Steam where it just counts down and then....you still can download.  >:( I guess we'll see.

Yeah, your midnight is my 11PM so thats what I was making fun of.  I have one hour of play on Monday, you gotta wait til Tuesday. LOL